Homemade Deep Conditioner + A GIVEAWAY (CLOSED)May 18, 2015
I hope you didn't mind me taking a week off, I needed to get my life, but while I was gone I decided to change up my look. Do you like? This is literally the worst time of the year for me to straighten my hair because we are in the middle of our rainy season. The humidity has consistently been at or above 90% AND I have been working out, which increases my chances of sweating my hair out. Surprisingly, my hair is still straight!
I give major props to the Better Shea Butter Raw Shea Butter based deep conditioner I made and applied to my hair before washing, then straightening it with my Irresistible Me Diamond Flat Iron. The Shea butter is extremely easy to work with and is a great quality product. I know there are dozens of recipes and ways floating around on the interwebs showing how to make your own lotions, conditioners and soaps with Shea butter, but I chose to use the products I know work well with my hair. You always have the option of changing the ingredients to work for your hair. Amazingly, the combination of Shea butter, argon oil, castor oil, extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil kept my curly hair bone-straight, shiny and movable despite 90% humidity and rain. I have been also been using it at night to re-hydrate the ends of my hair, before I wrap it.
1 C Raw Shea Butter Unrefined Ivory Shea Butter
1/4 C Coconut Oil
1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 TBSP Argon Oil
1/2 TBSP Castor Oil
1. Mix all of the ingredients together with a spoon or handheld mixer.
2. Spoon it into a plastic bag, cut off a corner and squeeze the conditioner into a jar.
3. Store it in the fridge or at room temperature.
IT'S GIVEAWAY TIME
Thanks to Better Shea Butter, I am able to giveaway one (1) brand new, 1 pound bag of Better Shea Butter's Unrefined 100% Organic Raw Shea Butter to one of my lucky YouTube Subscribers. Here are the rules:
1. Subscribed to the SugarStilettosStyle YouTube page by clicking HERE.
2. Leave a comment that says 'ENTER ME' on THIS VIDEO only.
3. BONUS: You can enter 1 more time by clicking HERE and subscribing to the free monthly Sugar Rush Newsletter.
4. This is a USA only giveaway (I am working on an international giveaway, so stay tuned)
The winner will be chosen at random and announced on May 31, 2015 so you have plenty of time to share it with your friends and family. Good luck and "may the odds be ever in your favor."