Shimmering Golden EyeshadowMay 7, 2015
Up close and personal.
This golden eye shadow combo can probably be considered one of my 'signature' looks because this is my #1 go to when I have to get out of the house in a hurry. Over the years, I have done this look with drugstore palettes (like this, this, this and this), and still use them for day-to-day use. However, I'm feeling fancy today, so I will be using TKB Trading micas.
I have been using this company for the past 4 years and I absolutely love these pigments. They're extremely inexpensive (like under $1.50 for each sample), yet have high end impact. The $1.50 mica samples usually fill 2-3 of these jars and can be used to make nail polish and even temporarily color your hair.
You don't have to use the exact same products I use, but in case you're curious, I used
Here's how I achieved this look:
- Sweep a shimmering white pigment over your lid and in the inner corner.
- Pack a light gold on the center of your lid.
- Apply a reddish bronze color in the outer corner of your lid, following your lash line.
- Touch a medium gold into the crease
- Add the shimmering white along your brow, focusing the pigment under the arch to the tail of your brow
- Blend diagonally, starting at the inner corner and working your way outward. Once you get to the center, move to the outer corner, blending the darker color into the crease.
- Drag the medium gold along your lash line
- Put on some eyeliner
- Involve mascara
- Flaunt it!