Quesadilla PizzasJune 9, 2015
The original recipe works by adding another tortilla on the top, but I kept making a mess and cleaning stuff off of the GF grill is not my favorite thing in the world. So I modified the original concept by making a cheese quesadilla and a marinara dipping sauce. BOOM!
Please keep in mind that you can (and totally should) use your favorite pizza toppings. Also, you can make this on the stove top, if you don't have/want to dig out your Foreman Grill. Since they are really quick and easy to make, they are a great summer snack food or light dinner and is even really good as a party appetizer.
Marinara Sauce Dip
- Heat the tortillas for about 10 seconds.
- Flip them over and add your toppings.
- Close the quesadilla and (grill) close the top and allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted (stove top - cook each side until golden brown).
- Mix spaghetti sauce, basil and garlic together and heat for 10-20 seconds.
- Remove the quesadilla from the heat and cut it into slices. Plate and Serve.