Starlooks LooksBook ReviewNovember 10, 2015
Let's play in makeup!
*This post contains affiliate links, read all about it in my disclosure policy.
I have ranted and raved about how much I love Starlooks products in the past, but this review is going to be a little different. Don't get me wrong, Starlooks is still at the top of my list, which is why I'm combining 3 months worth of products -well most of them anyway- together to get one pretty glam fall look. In case you're wondering why I have so many to review at once, it's because I took an unplanned, yet much needed, break from social media to focus on real life situations.
Now that we got that out of the way, let's talk makeup! As I have mentioned before (here) the Starlooks Starbox comes with 3 mini products and 3 lifestyle giftcards for $12 per month. It appears they have also added a new subscription to the lineup called the LooksBook, which I'm absolutely crazy about. From the packaging to the products, it's worth the $12 per month subscription charge (not to mention you still get the 3 lifestyle gift cards)!
Before we dive into the Starlooks LooksBooks, let's take a gander at the August StarBox (NOTE: The Starlooks Starbox seems to have been fully converted to the LooksBook Membership, but the products are still available).
- I use the Slanted Liner Brush to fill in my eyebrows and to line my lower lid. It can also be used to perfectly apply and smudge your eyeliner to your top lid.
- Lip Gloss? Just Say Yes! is my favorite go-to. It's a wonderful hydrating lip gloss that works well on it's own or plays well with other shades to give your lips the most wonderful shine.
- The Gold Coast Eye Shadow is one of my favorite multitasking makeup products of the fall. In addition to using it as intended, I have been using it anywhere I need to contour, as well as a bronzer. Since the packaging is so small, you wouldn't believe how much space it frees up when I'm traveling.
Now we're ready to get super glam fancy with the August LooksBook, Resort Edition. As soon as you open the box, you're greeted by a helpful little show and tell guide that perfectly explains what each product is and suggests how to use them all.
- Since the Aqua satin-finish water eyeshadow is solid and fairly easy to use, it's the perfect addition to add to your on the go makeup bag without having to worry about the hassle of it spilling in your bag.
- Ritz | Tropic highlighter and blush duo is simply perfection because the colors seem to neutral enough to complement any skin tone.
- The moisturizing Jet-Set gloss-finish lipstick can be customized to your skin tone by using a little just to add shimmer or a lot to add more depth.
Finally, we get to take a peek at the Revival Edition. I'm not saying it's my favorite, but I'm drawn to pretty things, including, but not limited to, the vibrant, eye-catching colors of this box. As with the Resort Edition, there is a helpful tip guide on the inside cover of the box.
- The Agave Eyeshadow duo is one of my fall favorites right now. I'm loving the Red Agave on my crease and outer corner and the Green Agave on my lids. Together they make an amazing smokey eye.
- The Flora Mascara has a gorgeous blue color that flawlessly wraps around your lashes to prevent clumping.
- The velvet matte Rawr Lipstick works amazingly well as along lasting liner or full lip color for any occasion.
If you love the look, be sure to check out Starlooks to subscribe to your own LooksBook or just pick up your favorite products by clicking the links of the products above .