Irresistible Me Jade Straightening Brush on Natural HairNovember 19, 2016
Does this thing really work?
I have been eyeing hair straightening brushes since my blow dryer died earlier this year (RIP). So imagine my excitement when the good people at Irresistible Me sent their Jade Straightening Brush review. I was initially skeptical about using heat in my hair again after the heat damage fiasco in 2015, but one of the features of the straightening brush is "NO HAIR DAMAGE." So, I gave it a shot.
Before I get to far into the review, I need to set realistic expectations. I have extremely course, kinky, curly hair, and did not want to get it bone straight. That doesn't mean the Irresistible Me Jade Straightening Brush won't get my hair straight. It simply means it didn't happen for my hair at 370... but, at the very least it give me my signature blow out look.
- Fast Heat Up - By the time I parted my hair, the Irresistible Me Jade Straightening Brush was ready for use.
- Auto Shut off - Because... turning off heating tools is not a priority when you're in a rush.
- Anti-Scald Teeth - To help get those roots.
Anytime I use a heating tool, I have to use a heat protectant. The Creme of Nature Heat Defense Smooth and Shine Polisher has been my go-to lately.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
Because my hair is thick, I probably could have gotten my hair straighter if I would have turned the temperature up to 410-450. I may try it in the future, but I prefer gigantic, blowout, 1970 Diana Ross stretched and textured hair.
- Only straighten dry hair.
- Thinner sections will yield straighter hair.
- Turning the bristles away from your face provides more tension.
- The slower you glide the brush through your hair, the better.
MAINTAINING THE LOOK
I sleep with my hair in a loose ponytail and wrapped in a satin cap. I use Suave's Moroccan Argon Oil as a daily moisturizer and mostly wear my hair in bun's or ponytails. I also like the wave pattern my hair gets when I take the bun down.
I hope this review helped! Head over to Irresistible Me's website and don't forget to use my DISCOUNT CODE IrresistibleShaina for a 10% savings. Let me know if these tips helped and share your experience in the comments.